Are you looking for affordable and credible travel insurance for your next exciting trip? You are in the right place! Travel insurance safeguards you from unforeseen circumstances when you are travelling and provides you with financial cover. Different insurance providers offer different policies and covers.
In this blog, we’ll look at one such provider – Coverwise Travel Insurance – including what it is, what covers it provides, and more burning questions you should consider before committing to travel insurance.
What is Coverwise Travel Insurance?
Being a general insurance intermediary, Coverwise acts as a middleman between insurance companies and insurance buyers. Coverwise, in particular, works on behalf of other insurers and brings you the policies and covers that suit your needs.
All policies of Coverwise travel insurance are underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance, part of the AXA Group. Their motto is to provide quality covers with excellent customer support you can rely on.
Coverwise travel insurance offers single-trip, annual multi-trip policies, as well as optional add-ons such as winter sports coverage. Their policies can be tailored to your specific needs, whether you are looking for financial support against trip cancellation, flight delays, lost baggage or any other unforeseen scenarios.
Types of covers provided by Coverwise Travel Insurance
Coverwise provides an array of covers that can be easily tailored. Check out all the details below.
Single Trip Travel Insurance
Coverwise’s Single Trip Insurance is tailored for families, individuals and couples planning a one-time trip. Whether you had to cancel your holiday, lost your baggage or fell sick, their policies will cover you well. Available in seven different levels, from Standard, Standard Plus, Bronze, and Silver to Silver Plus, Gold and Platinum, their policy will fit right into your budget. You can get up to £20 million for medical expenses along with 24/7 medical assistance.
Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Coverwise’s Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance is designed for frequent travellers who are always on the go for a new adventure. You can customise the cover in five different levels according to your needs and budget. Their Standard level is the most affordable option if you are looking for something within a small budget. However, if you are looking for a comprehensive cover, the Platinum level will be the right fit. From personal liability and legal expenses to accidents and medical assistance, this policy will have you covered.
Winter Sports Travel Insurance
If your adventurous streak is on fire and winter sports thrill you, then this cover will provide you with the extra security you’ll require. This policy covers popular winter sports activities, including skiing, snowboarding, or ice skating. You can get coverage for medical expenses resulting from injuries during winter sports activities, loss of or damage to equipment, and other mishappenings.
Does Coverwise travel insurance provide Covid-19 coverage?
Coverwise provides COVID-19 coverage for all the policies. Here are some scenarios when you can get the COVID-19 cover:
- When you have to cancel or cut short your trip due to being COVID-positive
- When you need medical treatment and assistance due to COVID-19
When you require immediate isolation upon being COVID-positive
In any such case, Coverwise travel insurance will have your back. This policy also includes repatriation costs and additional accommodation and transport expenses resulting from a Covid-19 diagnosis during your trip.
Does Coverwise travel insurance cover pre-existing medical conditions?
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes or any other condition that might act up while you travel, Coverwise will cover you as required. Though, you will be required to declare all the details of your conditions so that the company can provide you with a cover that will protect you with the best. As a procedure, Coverwise will assess your medical history and customise the plan according to your specific needs.
How to claim Coverwise travel insurance?
The travel insurance claiming process is pretty simple at Coverwise. You can do so online or over a call with the claims department. Just follow the steps below:
- Your first step is to report the incident. This is time sensitive and should be done as soon as possible. You’ll be required to provide all the necessary information, like your policy number, the date and time of the incident, and the nature of the claim.
- Next, you’ll have to submit the Coverwise claim form. Along with the form, you will be required to attach all the required documents, including appropriate receipts, medical certificates, or police reports.
- Once done, wait for the assessment. Coverwise will assess your claim and inform you of the outcome. If your claim is approved, they will arrange for the payment or other appropriate actions.
Is Coverwise travel insurance good?
Before you pick a travel insurance policy from Coverwise or any other provider, you must go through all the pros and cons first. To help you, we have highlighted some of them below.
Pros of Coverwise travel insurance
Here are some strong points of Coverwise as a travel insurance provider:
- Comprehensive Cover: Coverwise provides covers for most unforeseen scenarios that you can face while travelling, like medical assistance, baggage loss, and trip cancellations.
- Competitive Pricing: Coverwise offers various levels, from Standard to Platinum, so folks with any budget can benefit from their policies.
- 24/7 Assistance: With 24/7 support from their team, you will get the help you need at any time of the day.
Flexibility: Coverwise is flexible in the way it works, allowing you to customise covers that meet your unique needs.
- Additional Options: From winter sports to COVID cover, Coverwise offers additional add-ons and options that you can include in your policy, depending on your requirements.
Cons of Coverwise travel insurance
While it has its pros, there are some things that you should consider before actually investing in travel insurance coverwise.
- Limitations on coverage: While Coverwise offers comprehensive coverage, there might be some exclusions. Make sure that you are getting everything you need from your policy.
- Excess: Some add-ons might come with additional charges. Be clear about what you are getting and if it’s worth the money you are paying.
- Fine Print: Terms and conditions can be tricky sometimes. It’s always suggested to read the fine print carefully so that you are well aware of what you are signing up for.
Now you know everything about Coverwise travel insurance. The company has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 from over 65k reviews on Trustpilot. When choosing Coverwise as your travel insurance provider, make sure to go through all the Coverwise travel insurance reviews. To know more about travel insurance, visit Tripcoloumn.
Is Coverwise part of AXA?
Yes. All Coverwise travel insurance policies are underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance (SA), which is a part of the AXA Assistance Group, with worldwide medical and emergency services provided by AXA Travel Insurance Ltd.
What are the benefits of Coverwise Silver level?
Coverwise Silver is a premium option for buyers who want more out of their travel insurance. The policy offers trip abandonment and departure delay along with emergency replacement of baggage.
How can I check the status of my Coverwise travel insurance claim?
To check the status of your Coverwise claim, you can visit the AXA claims portal. The team at AXA will connect with you to update you about the status of your claim.