Wherever you find yourself, feeling safe and secure is the most important aspect of your well-being. Having a security blanket to shield you from the forces of nature sure is a comforting thought. That’s exactly what Virgin travel insurance provides its customers. As exciting as it can be, travel has its own risks so it’s best to take necessary precautions against any unforeseen circumstances. Travel insurance gives financial security to the policyholder, so there’s one less thing to worry about.
Virgin travel insurance is offered by Virgin Money, a financial services company that is based in the UK. All disruptions that might occur with travel would be covered, such as medical emergencies, loss of baggage, stolen goods, and much more. Their comprehensive insurance extends to any activities undertaken during a trip, like winter sports, which can be added as an extra policy to a chosen plan. This article will guide you through the plans they offer and what they cover.
Virgin travel insurance tiers:
Virgin travel insurance offers three levels to choose from when selecting a policy.
- Basic: a standard that covers basic necessities. This is a budget-friendly option and can be opted for when you’re sure that your travel is low-risk.
- Essential: Designed for the budget-conscious traveler for coverage during a medical emergency, trip cancellation, and personal liability.
- Premier: This plan offers higher limits on policies and provides a more comprehensive shelter, including coverage for baggage loss, trip interruptions or disruptions, additional travel expenses, and much more.
Keep in mind that each policy will differ and will depend on the details provided, such as the age of the customer, destination, duration of travel, etc.
Virgin travel insurance plans
Virgin Money offers a comprehensive list of policies for its customers to choose from. They are:
Single-trip travel insurance
If you don’t travel often but have an important trip coming up with liabilities at hand, this might just be for you. It will provide coverage for a single trip and comes with three levels to choose from basic, essential, and comprehensive. The coverage will extend to charges related to medical expenses, cancellation or cutting a trip short, damage of personal belongings and loss of baggage.
Annual multi-trip travel insurance
If you’re a globetrotter, always hopping from one adventure to the next, the annual multi-trip plan is a perfect choice. It provides coverage for multiple trips in a year and the levels of cover is applicable here as well. There is a number of days limit per trip so make sure to look up the necessary details when purchasing one. The cost-effective aspect of this policy makes it a great choice for someone who’s constantly on the go.
- Winter sports insurance: This can be added as extra coverage to both the single trip and the multi-trip Virgin travel insurance. It provides coverage for winter sports and activities. So whatever happens on your trip, rest assured that emergency medical expenses, damage to equipment or any personal liability will be covered.
- Cruise insurance: Being out in the open sea away from society can sometimes be unsettling. No matter how much fun you have, the unpredictable happens. This insurance is a safety net that covers the facets of a cruise holiday like medical expenses, cancellations, missed port departures, cabin confinement, and so much more.
- Backpacker travel insurance: There’s a lot of uncertainty in discovering new parts of the world when you travel without the usual comforts. Backpacking usually pertains to a low-cost more of travel as you stay in expensive lodgings while caring all your essentials in a backpack. The backpacker insurance will take care of the risks that usually come with a backpacking trip, such as medical expenses, personal liability, loss of possessions, etc.
The importance of reading the policy to understand what you’re getting cannot be stated enough. The coverage will depend on the policy and the insurer. Don’t hesitate to ask questions in case of doubts.
Why Virgin travel insurance is necessary:
Availing of Virgin travel insurance gives the added shield in case of mishaps. This is a list of what travel insurance policies generally cover:
- Trip cancellations: Provides reimbursement for prepaid, non-refundable expenses should you cancel a trip or when it gets interrupted.
- Medical expenses: Virgin travel insurance provides coverage for medical expenses while traveling and reimbursement for medical expenses, including issues related to Covd 19.
- Evacuation: Provides coverage for expenses in case of medical evacuation or emergencies that lead to repatriation.
- Baggage loss: Some policies will allow reimbursement for loss of baggage, or if it gets damaged. It could even extend towards expenses that occur due to baggage delays.
- Travel delays: Additional reimbursement for expenses incurred because of delays in travel.
- Accidental death or bodily harm: Some policies will offer lump sum payouts in case of tragic events like accidental death or loss of limbs.
- Personal liability: There is protection against third-party claims for injuries or damaged property that may be caused by the policyholder.
Virgin travel insurance has an extensive list of policies that can be tailored to meet the needs of its customers. They can purchase their policies online or over the phone. There is a dedicated team of customer service available to assist the weary traveler. Likewise, claims can be made online or over the phone. If you’re curious and haven’t committed to a plan yet, browse the website and get an estimate for a policy by providing your details. Make sure to give accurate details and declare pre-existing medical conditions before signing on to a policy. For more information on Virgin travel insurance, visit Tripcolumn.
Is Covid covered within a standard policy?
Yes, the Standard Covid cover is included within every policy with no extra charge. It provides cover for Covid-19 diagnosis within 14 days of departure and medical emergencies if you contract Covid-19 abroad.
Does Virgin Travel Insurance cover children over the age of 18?
Their policy will cover up to 2 adults and up to 5 children under the age of 18. If they are older than 18, consider buying a group policy.
What do I do if I don’t receive insurance documents?
If you haven’t received an email with instructions, feel free to email them. They will get back to you via email within 1 working day. Take note that due to data protection reasons, they can only send documents to the email address provided at the time of sale.